Monday, June 27, 2011

Time for the Campers! (06/26/11)

Ready at our assigned posts, the campers arrived bright and early at 6:00am. Some of youth seemed nervous; some seemed excited. And, as with most teenagers, I had no idea what any of them were thinking. Or maybe they were just tired...I don't know how many times I was up at 6am on a weekend!


While we were checking in the kids, most of us had our first experience with Guatemala coffee. I usually don't drink black coffee, but given the amount of sleep I was operating on, and the long list of activities planned for the rest of the day, I was going to drink all of it to the best of my ability. However, my first sip was delicious (muy delicioso)! Guatemala coffee is so much better than coffee found in the States, and most of us have already had a couple of cups at this point with plans to consume many more cups of Guatemalan coffee while we are here!


Once all of the kids were checked in and loaded on the bus, we all met the pastor of one of the local churches, who has been a HUGE advocate for Champions in Action, and received a blessing from him before our long journey to the camp at El Faro.

I know as I was leaving the church and walking out toward the bus for our trip to the camp, I was both excited and nervous for the week to come which I had been praying for and preparing for over the last 8 months or so; and I'm sure many of the others in the group felt the same. What the week had in store for us from a physical standpoint, we knew. What God had planned for the week, we could only begin to imagine and are waiting anxiously in anticipation for His plans to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment